"Jack Marlin" by Victoria Nelson

"Jack Marlin, Private Eye" - author: Victoria Nelson, cover designer: Kura Carpenter - http://kuracarpenterdesign.blogspot.co.nz/
I know I've done a good job when I get repeat business from my authors, and so I was thrilled that Victoria Nelson hired me again to custom design the cover for her screenplay "Jack Marlin, Private Eye: The Case of the Barbary Blackbird".

'Jack Marlin' is a tribute to the work of Raymond Chandler and is subtitled as being a Modern-day penny dreadful. It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm intrigued by the whole concept.

Victoria (who has a Masters in Literature!!!) was kind enough to send me several copies of 'Jack Marlin' along with the play "L is for Sayers" which I also did the custom cover design for earlier this year. Thank You, Victoria!

In the flesh, books by Victoria Nelson, Cover designer: Kura Carpenter - http://kuracarpenterdesign.blogspot.co.nz/

And here's what Victoria said about working with me:

"Working with Kura is an absolute pleasure! She is multi-talented, scholarly, personable and possesses a lovely sense of humor. She is also astute and conscientious about her work and professional relationships with clients.
The first time I worked with Kura, she assisted me with a redesign of my book cover for a stage play celebrating the life and writing of Dorothy L. Sayers. Her approach to the project and the suggestions she made not only demonstrated a sensitivity to my vision but also mastery of her craft.
I have just completed my second project with Kura which was to create a front and back book cover for an animation film script. Again, I was delighted at her versatility and the ease with which she was able to accommodate my vision and make wonderful contributions to the work. I look forward to working with Kura again and I give her my very highest recommendation. " 
 - Victoria Nelson (USA)
Scriptwriter of  “Jack Marlin, Private Eye: The Case of the Barbary Blackbird

No comments:

Post a Comment